Emanuel Favreau from Larose McCallum Architects, Autodesk Revit, has created a new plugin that facilitates the Revit users to export models and upload their scenes directly to Sketchfab devoid of opening Revit as well as view these scenes in 3D and virtual reality from any device just by following a link.
How to install:
1. Download the installer from the Autodesk App Store.
2. Run the installer.
3. Launch Revit.
4. The plugin will be accessible under the Add-Ins tab.
1. Open or generate a 3D View in a Revit project.
2. Locate Sketchfab under the Add-Ins tab and click on Login.
3. A web window will be visible to log into your Sketchfab account.
4. Authorize the app to make entry in your account.
5. After being authorized, return to Revit.
6. Click on Upload.
7. Provide a title, description, tags and labelled the model as Private and/or Draft if required.
8. Click OK.
9. A web window will open your account in the uploads section. Now edit the model’s 3D Settings.
10. To log out your Sketchfab account from Revit, locate Sketchfab under the Add-Ins tab and click on Logout.