The cable tray: In the electrical wiring of buildings, a cable tray system is used to support insulated electric cables used for power distribution and communication.
Cable trays are used as an alternative to open wiring or electrical conduit systems, and are commonly used for cable management in commercial and industrial construction. They are especially useful in situations where changes to a wiring system are anticipated, since new cables can be installed by laying them in the tray, instead of pulling them through a pipe.
AUTOCAD MEP: AUTOCAD MEP Design and Construction documentation software is built for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineers, Designers, and drafter. Seamlessly collaborate with architect using AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURE SOFTWARE in an intuitive design environment. Minimize coordination errors between mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering design teams and with architect and structural engineers.
Edit the Cable Tray display representation to turn off the Annotations.
- Select the Manage tab -> Display Manager.
- Expand the Sets tree and select the current display set – For example MEP Design – Plan.
- Select the Dispaly Representation Control tab in the Display Manager dialog.
- Find Cable Tray in the list of object and right click on the check box for the Plan display and select Edit.
- Turn OFF the Annotation display and select OK. It has to be done in the template drawing if the annotation displays to show by default.